Sunday, June 1, 2014

Tag 2: Hallo von Berlin!

After a very long trip, I have made it to Berlin! 

On Friday night, I flew a red-eye to London. I tried to sleep a bit, but my motion sickness and the discomfort of sitting on a plane kept me from getting too much rest. After a five hour layover, a two hour flight, and two (long) bus rides, I made it to the student dorms at Goerzallee! The RA checked me into my room, and I met two of my flatmates, Peter and Emma. Our apartment is a hallway with six bedrooms, a kitchen and one and a half bathrooms. Here is my room:
So far I have gone to orientation, gone on a run next to the river that runs by our apartments, and had a German beer with other UNC students (there are a lot of us!). Tomorrow we have interviews for our German class placement, and classes begin in the afternoon. I am really looking forward to being in class with other people who speak German!

1 comment:

  1. so glad you're blogging! Can't wait to hear more! love you xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete